Elegant Outdoors recognises the importance of protecting our fragile environment & is sincerely committed to minimising its environmental footprint through EOGreen, its in-house Environmental Charter. We endeavour to work in harmony with the environment though environmentally friendly business activities, products & services. We aim to promote the protection of the environment & strive to be recognized as an exemplary leader in environmental management throughout the nursery retail sector.
Our aims are:
- To respect & adhere to relevant environmental laws including the Australian Garden Centre Accreditation Scheme (AGCAS)
- To promote environmental initiatives, foster environmental awareness & maintain active relationships with stakeholders, policy makers, communities & other environmentally interested parties
- To encourage the collection & recycling of products & minimise unnecessary landfill wastes
- To regularly audit our business operations to maintain, strengthen and improve our environmental performance
- To ensure that company employees are conscious of their individual responsibilities towards environmental preservation & encourage them to become environmentally astute
Elegant Outdoors has implemented several strategies in accordance with EOGreen to minimise its environmental footprint. These include:
- Catchment of irrigation runoff to water common gardens
- Irrigation practices to match plant water requirements with plant growth needs
- Recycling of plastics, paper & cardboard and green waste
- Use of energy efficient LED light bulbs
- Nutrient management to match fertiliser application with plant growth needs
We are a collection point for the recycling of plastic plant pots and Nespresso coffee capsules and we also encourage customers to bring in reusable shopping bags to be used instead of plastic bags wherever possible.